It Takes Courage!
Globally imprinting and equipping; a passionate pursuit of educational efforts to stop the spread of HIV/AIDS.
It Takes Courage! A global curriculum, and training is a multi-tiered educational strategy designed to permeate a community with life saving messages which will reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS and increase the initiation of positive health behaviors. We work toward:
- Pastors and other community leaders serving as community advocates and casting vision for positive change;
- Parents/guardians applying positive parenting skills and teaching good values to their children;
- Youth workers providing accurate medical information and appropriate behavior change messages for youth and their parents;
- Youth aspiring to build a vision for their lives that includes becoming a person of character and encouraging their peers to do likewise;
- Ethical business leaders who practice fair business practices and engage in corporate social responsibility initiatives.
- People of faith, in all sectors of society, reaching out to their communities with the love and compassion that was modeled by Jesus.
The program includes educational materials in local languages, training for nationals as teachers and trainers, and strategic planning services that will help to cultivate leaders who can plan, implement and evaluate ITC! and other educational programs in their areas.
Many organizations are turning to the It Takes Courage! program because it teaches moral values presented in an engaging way for today’s culture. The educational products are available in faith-based versions and secular versions and are widely used in USAID funded projects, public school settings and in local churches. All of our materials are specifically designed for international use – simple teaching strategies, significant use of storytelling, illustrations and adaptable messages for different age groups.
Kerus Academic Enrichment Center Computer Lab
The Academic Enrichment Center at Go Amogela Orphan Care Center boasts a new computer lab with six laptop computers. The desperate financial plight in Soshanguve results in children having little or no access to a computer. This opportunity to utilize technology to fuel their education is life changing to our children. We are thankful to have Peggy Poo, our locally certified computer instructor, to assist the children with the Khan Academy training program, which enables children from Kindergarten through grade 12 to practice each subject for school. In addition, we are aiming to provide valuable computer workshops and lectures to further propel our children academically.
Kerus Orphan Scholarship Fund
Promoting excellence in education, replacing opposition with opportunity, with financial funding.
As educators, we desire to encourage, build up and strengthen our orphan population with dynamic spiritual and character development, aiming to highlight a greater educational purpose, a God’ given calling in their lives. Currently school systems are driven by low expectations, a passing grade standard of 20%. We desire to see those who have the courage to succeed, be supported financially, able to reach educational heights of victory. Our Kerus Orphan Scholarship fund gives students a fighting chance to take down the cycle generational poverty, with education. Would you join us in giving towards our Kerus Orphan Scholarship fund, where every child has an arranged opportunity to succeed through education.
Step into the educational gap today!
Would you join us by stepping into the education gap today?