The mission of Kerus is to inspire, equip and mobilize professionals, organizations, and faith-based communities around the world to actively address important public health and education issues adversely affecting youth and their families.
The vision of Kerus is to positively change individuals and communities by equipping key leaders with professionally credible and biblically-based training, resources and systems to implement community-based best practice programs caring for orphans and widows, preventing the trafficking of children; and compassionately responding to HIV/AIDS and other poverty-driven public health issues. This vision will come to life as we are:
- Promoting the concepts of character and life skills development as the core for education and public health interventions;
- Promoting the health and well-being of youth (especially young women and vulnerable children) and the poor;
- Bridging working relationships with health and human services professionals between the faith-based community and the secular world;
- Providing practical needs such as food, safety, psycho-social support and housing for orphans and vulnerable children
- Preparing community leaders to create and support faith-friendly public health and education outreaches;
- Improving the skills of teachers (traditional and non-traditional) through interactive learning and classroom management training;
- Preventing the spread of HIV/AIDS and compassionately caring for those infected and affected by the virus;
- Aggressively combating the abuse and trafficking of children through education and safe houses
- Providing quality educational materials and training programs that can be easily adapted to various cultural settings.
- Seeing people come into a life-changing relationship with Jesus;
People and Relationships First
- We believe that all people are created in God’s image and are deeply loved by God;
- We uphold the dignity and uniqueness of each of our workers and the people we serve;
- We give priority to people before projects and money;
- We encourage the professional, personal and spiritual development of all people – our staff and those served by our organization;
- We work to end “us versus them” spiritual or philosophical perceptions in working relationships;
- We desire and pray that God will work through Kerus programs to heal broken families, empower the poor, protect the vulnerable and transform communities.
- We seek to end stigma and discrimination of persons infected and affected by HIV/AIDS;
- We follow the principles taught by Jesus in our business practices and relationships with others;
- We support and encourage spiritual development as essential to the development of the whole person;
- We create emotionally safe and honest environments for people to grow in spiritual understanding.
- We encourage ourselves and others to pray
- We are committed to forging public and private partnerships that seek to combine diverse strengths, skills and resources to bring about a greater good;
- We are passionate about helping our partners succeed and grow in their visibility and effectiveness;
- We promote teamwork to achieve our common goals for organizational success;
- Knowing the size and urgency of our task, we are committed to mobilize all the available resources of people, prayer and finances to accomplish our work;
- We promote the attainment of qualified national leadership for of all our international projects.
- Since our primary clients are non-U.S. nationals, we rely on the input of local professionals to regionalize our educational materials and training programs;
Excellence in All We Do
- We are committed to providing our partners, supporters and colleagues with an excellent quality of service in a timely and professional manner;
- We are committed to the professional development of each of our staff;
- We are actively involved in strategic planning and the measurement of our effectiveness;
- We utilize a large international network of professionals to review our materials for medical accuracy and appropriate teaching methodologies;
- We aspire to carry a reputation in the marketplace for developing and delivering state-of-the-art educational and training resources contributing to the establishment of best practices.
Character and Courage
- We integrate and promote the principles of character development in all of our educational programs and training workshops;
- We are committed to a life of integrity through personal and organizational accountability in lifestyle, relationships, finances, and project management;
- We accept responsibility for our actions and are willing to learn from our mistakes;
- We teach a compassionate, respectful and caring approach to working with others
- We seek to be good stewards of our resources and value fiscal responsibility;
- We promote courage to do what is right, even when the price feels too high.
Bringing Hope to Others
- We teach from a positive perspective that reaches forward toward one’s goals and a healthier future;
- We equip parents, grandparents and guardians to help young people to live happy, meaningful and productive lives;
- We share the success stories of other individuals and organizations;
- We assist other professionals to realize their God-given professional hearts desire